The production and use of image, video and audio recordings in the castles, gardens and museums of the Hessen Kassel Museum Landscape is partly subject to approval and payment. The valid parking regulations (PDF download) / visitor regulations apply at the desired location. Consideration for visitors is required. Blocking houses or parts of the parks is not permitted.
Aerial photography of the museums, palaces and parks maintained by Museumslandschaft Hessen Kassel is illegal without permission. The operation of remote-controlled drones, multicopters or the like for the purpose of photography or videography is prohibited.
For private purposes, photography without flash is permitted in the castles, gardens and museums of the Hessen Kassel Museum Landscape:
- These recordings may be published in social networks as well as on private homepages.
- The private use of remote-controlled drones and multicopters is prohibited, as their use leads to an increased risk to people and monuments, to a possible violation of rights (personal rights, etc.) and to a disruption of cultural and natural monuments. We ask for your understanding.
- Professional photography by a photographer e.g. on the occasion of weddings is chargeable and requires approval. It is necessary to make an appointment through the visitor service: More information
All media-relevant information, press releases and press photos on the exhibitions and projects can be obtained from the Press and Public Relations department.
Use of drones / copters
The use of remote-controlled drones, multicopters or the like. for film or photo recordings is only allowed in a few, justified exceptional cases and only under the strictest conditions, since the use leads to an increased risk to people and monuments, to a possible violation of rights (personal rights etc.) and to a disruption of cultural and Natural monuments leads.
and permission for drone recordings
Press and public relations
Illustration of works of art and reproduction
The images of works of art and reproduction rights are chargeable:
Contact image requests and rights
Fon +49 (0)561 316 80-278
A written permission to take photos or filming is required for:
- Photo, film and audio recordings for commercial use
- the publication of pictures and films (online and offline) that are used for sale, for advertising purposes, to advertise yourself or to participate in a photo competition
- the use of additional lights (flash, video lights) and tripods
- The use of remote-controlled drones and multicopters for commercial and private purposes is prohibited.
- The use of drones and multicopters leads to an increased risk to people and monuments, to a possible violation of rights (personal rights etc.) and to a disruption of cultural and natural monuments. We ask for your understanding.
Please submit your request at least 8 days in advance.
Processing cannot be guaranteed for short-term inquiries.
Phone +49 (0)561 316 80-276
Wedding and event photography
Professional photography by a photographer e.g. on the occasion of weddings is chargeable and requires approval. It is necessary to make an appointment via the visitor service:
Mon to Fri 9 am to 4 pm
Phone: +49 (0)561 316 80-123
- Appointments should be made at least 4 weeks in advance
- Maximum number of people = 5 people
- The photos are taken while the visitor is in operation
- Appointments are only possible during regular opening hours
Wedding photo locations
Wilhelmshöhe Palace and Weißenstein Wing, Wilhelmshöhe Mountain Park, greenhouse in the Bergpark, Karlsaue with Siebenbergen Island, New Gallery, Wilhelmsthal Palace and Park, Friedrichstein Palace (Bad Wildungen)