Dear Visitors and Friends,
The safety and well-being of our visitors, staff, and volunteers are always the highest priority at the Museumslandschaft Hessen Kassel (MHK). As a public institution our measures in relation to COVID-19 (Corona Virus) are based on the regulations of the Hessian state government and the recommendations of the municipal health authority:
- Palaces: Friedrichstein Palace, Wilhelmsthal Palace (from August 1st), Löwenburg Castle (from August 1st)
- Museums: Old Masters Picture Gallery in Wilhelmshöhe Palace, Museum of Hessian History, New Gallery, Orangery, Marble Bathhouse (Sat–Sun)
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe, Hercules Monument (from August 1st), Visitor Centers around Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
- Karlsaue Park, Siebenbergen Isle, Wilhelmsthal Park
- Planetarium >> event calendar
- Library of Wilhelmshöhe Palace
- There is a limited number of visitors for each house. The general rules on distance and wearing a mouth-nose guard are mandatory during the visit.
- The evening openings will not be available until further notice.
- The general hygiene measures were prepared on the basis of a hygiene plan drawn up for the MHK and are based on the recommendations of the Robert Koch Institute.
- Weißenstein Wing of Wilhelmshöhe Palace
- Public tours (in german) in museums and parks are offered: event calendar
- Private tours are bookable again: visitor service
- The tours only take place in certain exhibition rooms while sitting and covering mouth and nose, the number of participants is limited to twelve people. Every visitor receives a museum chair at the beginning of a tour, which is cleaned after each tour.
- A registration stating the personal contact details is necessary. Interested visitors can sign in: Tel 0561 316 80-123 or by email to besucherdienst(at)museum-kassel.de.
Will not take place:
- Water features in Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
- Evening Openings
You can reach us by phone:
Mon–Fri 9 am–4 pm
Our office is not staffed on weekends or public holidays.
Phone: 0561 316 80-123
Fax: 0561 316 80-753
We are carefully and continually reviewing scheduled programs and events to consider additional postponements or cancellations, updating our website as needed.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.